Yesterday (5th April, 2017) in a grade 9 class (English Plus) we had an interesting lesson with Simon Vicary, an ESL expert teacher I usually teamteach with once a week.
Students were supposed to make a quiz to their classmates and then analyse results. We managed to do this acvitity with the help of an amazing webtool: GOOGLE FORM. Have a look at this link or download it at Class Survey
With Simon’s help students started to talk about results and responses to the questions in the survey.
A useful recap has been made in a video by ENG-Vid.
Go to the LINK https://www.engvid.com/ielts-writing-numbers-and-pie-charts/
Further practice can be found various websites:
sgi – saint george international
Do you need to get extra training before the exam?
Here is a wide repository with most of exam practice resources FREE.
Most certifications – CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH, IELTS, TOEIC, BEC, TOIFEL from A2 to C2 Levels.
A Prezi Presentation will help you manage this task in speaking or writing tests.
LinksA wide range of online resources for ESL Testing and activities are available FREE and are very helpful for students.
Here is a list (which I will keep updated):
This FCE Listening Practice Test helps with the second part of the listening exam. This is a monologue by RITA PEARSON on “EVERY KIDS NEED A CHAMPION” involving interacting speakers and lasting approximately 2 minutes.
You then need to complete 10 sentences. You can listen to the audio twice.
- She has spent her entire life at a _________________________________
- Her parents and maternal grandparents were __________________________
- She has personally worked as an educator ___________________________
- Over those years she ____________________ the chance to look at education reforms form a lot of perspectives.
- Teachers know the problems their kids encounter at school: __________________________________________________ (more possible answers)
- Main causes may be, for example,____________________________________ ____________________(more possible answers)
- However teachers never discuss about _______________________________
- According to James Comer ‘No____________________________ occur unless there is a significant relationship
- Rita has been observing teachers over these years and many sustain that they are paid for __________________________ while students are required ___________________
- According to Rita Kids don’t learn if they don’t ___________________________ them.
What makes a good candidate for Cambridge English?
Watch this video from Cambridge English where three Examiners advise candidates on what to do to pass an English test.
Some tips you should keep in mind:
- Listen carefully to the task and partners
- Interact with partners and keep conversation going
- Encourage your partners with gesture, eye-contact
- Show you can extend, paraphrase what you are saying
- Do NOT get stuck ( do not DRY OUT)
- Balance fluency and accuracy
- Put into practice what you have studied and been trained to (TEST SKILLS)